INDUSTRY BEANS NEWSTEAD COMMUNITY SMACKDOWN: RULES
To celebrate the official launch of our Newstead Roastery, we’re getting the Brisbane coffee community together to do what we do best – make coffee, have fun, and do good – and partnering up with legends La Marzocco and using Oatly Oat Milk to make it happen.
Rules of the Smackdown:
- Each pair of competitors will go head to head.
- Shots will be pulled for competitors into flat white mugs.
- Each competitor has 2 minutes to use 1 jug of milk to create their design. Competitors will only get one shot per round, so no remakes.
- Competitors may bring their own jug.
- Competitiors will place their completed Latte in front of judges.
- Three judges will vote on the cup they deem the winner.
- Judges will be looking for definition, symmetry and impressive designs.
- The competitor that gets the most votes goes through to the next round with the other being knocked out.
Competitor spots are limited, so get in quick and register here to vie for the prize of return flights & tickets to MICE 2020 🏆 ✈️. Want to spectate? Please RSVP here.
We’re only one month into 2020 but the big themes of the year are already coming across loud and clear - sustainability and community. We’re making a big commitment to both and would love for the coffee community to join us for a minimal-waste evening with all proceeds to Queensland community relief charities.